Scroll down for complete listings.
Mobile Irrigation Service Technician – Florida Panhandle, AL, MS and LA Gulf Coast
Are you tired of doing the same thing every day; do you want an opportunity to develop and grow? We are offering a unique opportunity to join the team at Jerry Pate Company as one of our Irrigation Field Service Technicians within our Gulf Coast territory.
Jerry Pate Company is the leading commercial golf & grounds equipment and irrigation distributor in the southeast. We are seeking Mobile Irrigation Service Technicians to service our customers along the Gulf Coast, from the Florida panhandle to Louisiana. This position provides technical support services and installation of irrigation products at our customer’s locations. The ideal candidate should not only have experience with pump station operation, controls, components, irrigation control software, field controllers, radios, sprinklers, electrical wiring, hydraulic controls, and valves, but should also possess trouble shooting skills. This position interfaces directly with the customer and contributes to customer satisfaction by identifying the issue, resolving the issue the first time and meeting and or exceeding expectations.
Location: The ideal candidate should be located somewhere along the Florida Panhandle, AL, MS, or LA Gulf Coast.
- Experience in proper operation and maintenance of irrigation systems or similar electrical and hydraulic systems
- Experience in irrigation system and pump station diagnostics and repair including diagnostics and troubleshooting of electronics
- Strong safety awareness and history of adherence to safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, while working independently
- Highly motivated and organized with accuracy and attention to the details
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 and other relevant computer software
- Commitment to continued professional development
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate plus commissions
Benefits Include: Health Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Company Vehicle, Computer, Cell Phone, Uniforms, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
Requirements: A valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record is required. Must own your own tools, possess excellent time management skills, and meet the physical requirements including but not limited to standing for an entire shift, climbing, lifting, bending, stooping, and moving equipment up to 75 lbs. Some overnight travel will be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Background check will be conducted.
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Heatherwood Hills Country Club
400 Saint Anne’s Drive
Hoover, Alabama 35244
Heatherwood Hills Country Club originally opened in 1986, went through a renovation in 2001, closed in 2009 and recently reopened in the fall of 2016. Heatherwood Hills is a semi-private 18 hole golf course located in Hoover, Alabama. Heatherwood Hills has newly renovated Tif Eagle Bermuda grass greens along with 419 tees, greens and rough.
Assist the superintendent in the day to day maintenance of the golf course to include:
Chemical and fertliizer applications
Irrigation maintenance and scheduling
Crew scheduling, training and supervision
College or University degree in related field or adequate on the job experience
Ability to work weekends
Ability to work holidays
General understanding of golf
General understanding of pesticides, fertilizers and their use
Basic knowledge of irrigation systems
Benefits: Free golf, Discounted meals and merchandise from the clubhouse
Interested applicants should send resume to Chad Burke at
400 Saint Anne’s Drive
Hoover, Alabama 35244 or email resume to
Open until filled
PRO RAIN IRRIGATION
Project Manager Position Open
The turfplaning Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating all activities associated with turfplaning athletic fields and golf courses. turfplaning is a cost effective alternative to traditional renovations. Project Manager activities will be, but not limited to, conducting sales calls, operating turfplaner, follow up with customer, schedule, and quote jobs. Pro Rain Irrigation is the authorized service provider for turfplaning services for the states of Alabama and Mississippi. For more information on turfplaning, please visit www.turfplaningservices.com.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Maintain Owner, Architect, Subcontractor, and Vendor relations.
- Coordinate project mobilization.
- Establish and monitor administrative procedures for the project.
- Keep management informed on progress of project.
- Supervise and manage equipment operations, maintenance, and any necessary repair on and of site.
- Effective organizational skills to manage numerous projects of various types and stages of completion.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail.
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. No two days are the same
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or Agronomy, or equivalent
- 2 years minimum supervisor or manager for athletic field construction projects
- 2 years set up and operation of laser-controlled equipment
- 2 years construction of natural and sand based athletic fields
- CDL Driver’s License and ability to pull 40 foot equipment trailer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Laser grading set up and operation of laser controlled equipment
- Operation of single slope, dual slope, and cone lasers
- Familiar with equipment operation: D-6 Bulldozer (laser controlled), 421 IT Backhoe, 320 Excavator, Tractor and Pull Box (laser controlled), 35-65hp trencher, TC-4 Vibratory Tamp Ability to do field layout, grade, and control
- Mechanical ability is a plus
Willing to speak with recent turfgrass graduates, even though you may not have the experience. When applying, please specify you are a recent graduate and the program you recently graduated from, or when you will be graduating and the program.
Compensation: Will be dependent on experience
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance options, Company Vehicle, Company cell phone, Paid Lunches To apply, please send resume and cover letter.
Superintendent at Goose Pond Colony
Salary: Competitive Rates, based on experience
Benefits: Employer Paid Health Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employer Paid Accident Insurance, Sick Leave, Monthly Employee Benefit, RSA Retirement, Vacation.
The superintendent directs the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, roughs and bunkers. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining both courses as one of the premier golf destination spots in North Alabama.
Goose Pond Colony Resort is located in Scottsboro Alabama. Our facility includes 36 holes that include the Lake Course, Plantation Course, and two driving ranges. Goose Pond Colony is a four-star rated course that has been recognized as one of the top places to play in Alabama and the #1 public golf course in North Alabama.
The Lake Course is George Cobb designed course that opened in 1971. The Lake Course has been host to seven National Junior College Athletic Association Div II Championships. With its natural layout and views of the Tennessee River from every hole, the course has received many accolades over the past few years. Voted “most fun course to play in north Alabama” in 1995 and 1996 by the Dixie Section of the PGA, the course is listed in Golf Digest Places to Play with 4 stars 2008/2009.
The Plantation Course features open fairways and new Mini-Verde greens. The Plantation Course is a “Tee It Forward” golf course making it a more enjoyable experience for golfers of any level.
- Oversee and run the daily operation of assigned golf course and manage the associates to achieve goals set by the General Manager and the course standards documentations.
- Works with the General Manager to ensure that annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and sometimes construction of related golf course features.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing turf, horticultural and ornamental features.
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in maintenance and control of irrigation system.
- Knowledge of irrigation installation and golf course construction practices.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Appropriate certification and/or licenses in application of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides.
- Horticultural knowledge and landscaping skills.
- Extensive knowledge of turf and lawn care maintenance procedures with an emphasis on golf turfgrass varieties.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA).
- Financial management skills (e.g., ability to analyze Expense & Revenue statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning).
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Knowledge of grounds equipment and routine maintenance needs.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs, assists with the preparation of required reports.
- Project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity.
- Use planning and forecasting to anticipate future needs
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Communicate with supervisors and operations on issues that affect maintenance, staffing, tournament schedules, special event schedules, or any activities to allow proper planning to minimize disruptions.
- Assists in procurement of supplies and materials within budget, using preferred vendors when possible.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory controls, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Contribute to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort of Goose Pond Colony Resort.
- Work in partnership with golf operations with the goal of producing the best playing conditions while maintaining a course that is playable to local standards.
- Regular and prompt attendance as well as the ability to work the schedule as required.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in management of department members, ensures that associates obtain appropriate licensing, and incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Works to maintain cooperation with other departments on property.
- Motivated to provide quality conditions and superior guest services for all members and club guests.
- Attend monthly board meetings and make a report on activities.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises approximately 10-15 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A two- or four-year Turf degree from a recognized University/Institution or at least 10 years of golf course experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Will require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator
Position: Assistant Superintendent
Job Category: Agronomy/Landscaping
Description: Pine Tree Country Club in Birmingham, AL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Superintendent. Pine Tree is a private 18-hole course located on 275 acres, with an 18 hole golf course, practice facilities, a pool area and tennis. A popular family club, Pine Tree has an active and growing membership.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
• Works with the Superintendent to ensure that annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
• Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
• Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and sometimes construction of related golf course features.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing turf, horticultural and ornamental features.
• Understanding of basic equipment maintenance.
• Assists in maintenance and control of irrigation system.
• Assists in procurement of supplies and materials within budget, using preferred vendors when possible.
• Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs, assists with the preparation of required reports.
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in management of department members, ensures that associates obtain appropriate licensing, and incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Works to maintain cooperation with other departments on property.
• Motivated to provide quality conditions and superior guest services for all members and club guests.
Minimum Qualifications for Assistant Superintendent:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, plant or Soil Science preferred. Should have previous experience training and supervision.
Position Announcement: Field Service Technician – Gulf Coast
Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation is the leading commercial golf & grounds equipment distributor in the southeast. We are seeking a Field Service Technician in Destin, FL or the surrounding area. This position performs troubleshooting, diagnostics, evaluations, repairs and maintenance on commercial turf equipment, at customer locations. This includes gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, drivelines and electrical systems, and cutting units (reel and rotary). This position interfaces directly with the customer and contributes to customer satisfaction by fixing equipment right the first time and meeting repair promise dates.
Location: The ideal candidate should live in Destin, FL or the surrounding areas.
Experience: Strong mechanical background with experience in golf course, commercial turf, and agricultural or heavy equipment service is preferred.
Requirements: A valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record is required. Must own your own tools, possess excellent time management skills, and meet the physical requirements including but not limited to; standing for an entire shift, climbing, lifting bending, stooping and moving equipment up to 75lbs. Some overnight travel required.
Competitive hourly rate plus commissions!
Benefits include; medical insurance, 401 K retirement plan, company vehicle and cell phone, uniforms, vacation and sick leave.
Drug Free Workplace and EOE. Background checks will be conducted.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail @ Grand National is currently seeking an Assistant Superintendent.
Grand National is part of Alabama’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. Our facility includes 54 holes, including two championship golf courses, an 18 hole par 3 course and practice facility.
Grand National was ranked as the top public golf course in the 2009 Golf World Readers’ Choice awards. The Links course was named by Golf Digest as the 2nd best new public course in America in 1993, followed by the Lake course as the 4th best. Both courses have also made the top 10 of Golf Digest’s list of America’s Top 50 Affordable Courses. The three courses at Grand National are also listed among the nation’s 40 Super Value courses by Golf Digest’s Places to Play.
Grand National has played host to the 1997 Nike Tour Championship, 1998 LPGA Tournament of Champions, 2000 NCAA Men’s Golf Championship, 2013-2018 Auburn University Tiger Invitational, and was host to the PGA Tour’s Barbasol Championship from 2015-2017.
- Associate degree in turf grass management / golf course management or related field as a minimum; Bachelors degree in turf grass management or related field is a plus
- Alabama Pesticide Applicator’s License, or ability to obtain license within 6 months of employment.
- 3 or more years experience in golf course maintenance operations; experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence and a positive attitude
- Experience managing bent grass greens a plus
- Knowledge of irrigation, fertilizer application and chemical related applications
- Knowledge of and experience with operation of turf equipment
- Familiarity with preparing operational budgets and in analyzing the expense forecasts
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive salary, Based on Experience
- Blue cross / Blue shield Medical; Life, Disability, Accident, Vision, Mental health benefits/options; Prescriptions plan; FSA (flexible spending account option); 401K option
- paid time off, holiday pay, sick leave
- Annual dues paid for GCSAA & local chapter
- Expenses paid to attend some educational opportunities
- Golf privileges
Interested individuals please send resume and cover letter to:
Patrick Pierce, Golf Course Superintendent Grand National Golf Course 3000 Robert Trent Jones Trail Opelika, AL 36801 Telephone: (334)742-9551 Fax: (334)742-9561 Email: email@example.com